To be eligible for one of our daily prizes, you will need to be registered here.
Please read this entire post before registering.
HOW TO REGISTER:
1. Go to www.KidLitCollege.org and sign up for our newsletter in order to receive our daily posts. Once you have done that, leave a comment under this Blogpost with your name and e-mail address.
2.Join our KidLit College Writing Events Group on Facebook, where you can get up-to-date kid lit information and chat with other writers.
3. Feel free to use our special 2nd Birthday Blogpost Badge as your profile picture or on your websites. Please link the badges back to www.kidlitcollege.org. We will select some of you who display birthday badges to receive special prizes during this event.
4. Certain prizes will be revealed in the body of each birthday
blogpost within our class. While writerly advice will be shared daily on our blog for everyone to enjoy, our gift-aways will be shared within our new class online. It's a new format and I'm excited to share it with you all. Be sure to register for our free event on our new website at
5. To be eligible for each daily prize, be sure to check in each day and comment on each post during the bash (including our birthday countdown and post-party posts).
6. But there's more fun to be had all around. Please, we'd love to connect with you on twitter!
Looking forward to a whole month of writing fun!
Jodell Sadler is the founder of KidLit College, and currently works as an editorial agent wih Jill Corcoran Literary Agency, JCLA. She has served as an art director, marketing consultant, senior designer before earning her MFA at Hamline University, where she focused on sharing her critical thesis project, PACING PICTURE BOOKS & BEYOND. She’s since worked as a professor, secondary Freshman & Senior English AP/Dual Credit teacher, and founded KidLit College, a webinar, classes & critique community for writers and illustrators. Jodell teaches online and presents at conferences and events on pacing, and writes and presents with Writer’s Digest University. She is a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers & Illustrators (SCBWI) and passionate about helping writers and illustrators advance their careers.
Recent titles range from board books to teen titles: IF ANIMALS SAID I LOVE YOU by Ann Whitford Paul; SNOW BEAST and DOG ADOPTION DAY by Phil Gosier; HEDGEHOG’S 100th DAY OF SCHOOL by Lynne Marie; MR. McGINTY’S MONARCHS by Linda Vander Heyden; BRUNHILDA’S BACKWARDS Day by Shawna J.C. Tenney; FARAWAY FRIENDS by Russ Cox, and middle grade series: FRIDAY BARNES, illustrated by Phil Gosier; PUPPY PIRATES, illustrated by Russ Cox, and middle grade nonfiction titles: BOLD WOMEN OF MEDICINE: 21 Stories of Astounding Discoveries, Daring Surgeries, and Healing Breakthroughs by Susan M. Latta, among others.
Jodell is looking to add picture book, graphic novel, and middle grade author/illustrators to her list. She’s looking for fiction and nonfiction with humor and heart. She enjoys books that emotionally connect, provide reader interaction. Fresh voice and concept is best in board books, picture books, chapter books, and middle-grade projects (illustrated and graphic), especially those that incorporate nature, wildlife, cultural experiences, contemporary challenges or mystery, as well as biographies that celebrate the difference one person has made in the world.